I’m not sure what to say about this. I think the picture speaks for itself.
This is my amazing guacamole served in a totally disgusting way, but I LOVE it! And the actual guacamole recipe is incredible. I actually pride myself on making excellent guacamole. You can always add or subtract (If you don’t like any heat take out the hot sauce. If you love cilantro by all means add it.)
Guacamole is one of those fun recipes you can really play around with. And, the pumpkin …. Papa carved it for me. Talk about getting into the Halloween spirit!
- 3 OR 4 medium avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (add more to taste at the end)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Green Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon La Victoria Green Chunky Jalapeno Sauce
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced (Don’t use the seeds or juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1 small 10″ pumpkin
1. Hollow out and carve your pumpkin. Don’t make the mouth carving too high up on the pumpkin. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, Tabasco sauce, and La Victoria sauce. Now don’t get crazy and mash everything until it’s baby food. Nothing worse than that store bought baby food-like guacamole. It’s nice to leave it a little chunky.
2. Once everything is combined stir in the onion and tomatoes.
3. This is the most important step: TASTE your guacamole with a chip. If it needs a little more salt add more, if it’s a little bland still add some lemon. All avocados are not created equal so you must always taste your guacamole and add as necessary.
4. Pile up your guacamole next to the mouth of the pumpkin like pictured above and serve immediately with tortilla chips. If you must refrigerate always refrigerate by placing one of the avocado pits in the middle of the guac. This will help prevent the guacamole from turning brown. Enjoy my creepy friends!
Want to see Jessie take you through this recipe step-by-step? Check out the video below: